Veneers, due to their durability, comfort and aesthetics, are the most popular and successful way of changing and improving the look of your smile.
What is a veneer?
A veneer is a paper-thin, custom-made covering usually made of Porcelain(ceramic) that conceals the front and side surface of your tooth. This is then bonded to your good tooth to correct crooked, chipped, discoloured or worn teeth.And what it enhances, is your smile. Veneers are generally indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Indication for laminate veneers
Veneers are the treatment of choice in cases of:
- Ugly spaces between teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- Malpositioned or slightly crooked teeth
- Odd shaped, slightly cracked or chipped teeth
- Fractured teeth with a fair amount of tooth structure left
- Teeth with multiple fillings
- Unsatisfactory shape, size and form of teeth
Advantages of veneers
- Minimal tooth shaping
- They look and feel completely natural
- They're highly resistant to permanent staining from coffee, tea, red wine, cigarette smoke and even chewing tobacco
- Porcelain veneers last for a long time with regular care and maintenance